- Slow Money (most voted for so far): This is not exactly about changing the money but focusing stimulus efforts on local economies and businesses has the biggest economic impact. My comment: Slow Money should be called “Near Money” and it should be powered by local community currencies.
- Abolishing Money by “pan voluntarism”. My comment: idealistic/unpractical.
- Convert to debt-free money: This suggests essentially that the government does not borrow money from banks, but prints it to spend it on project of public utility. My comment: Rather than debt-free money, what I think is meant is interest-free money. Money is debt because it is the unexecuted part of a transaction. Nothing wrong with that. What’s wrong is for a 3rd party to charge money for money, especially in case where there is social capital. Using a 3rd party for trust may indeed lead to social fabric destruction and wealth extraction.
- Replace monetary system with resource-based economy: The idea is not very clear but it consists in ensuring that the currency can be redeemed for actual resources like corn or gold. Quick comment: Not practical since there is so much more money than raw resources and also because this would put control over money creation in the ends of raw resources producers, which is probably not acceptable.
- Do away with the Federal Reserve system and Abolish the Federal Reserve. No comment on these ones.
I haven’t seen anything related to asset-based finance and business-to-business trading systems or community currencies.